Saturday, January 2, 2010

10th Mountain : 05/23/03


May 23, 2003

Before coming here, I thought I'd heard it all. It's hard to believe the things men feel the need to confess when faced with the potential threat of death. I can't write them in here, in good conscience and for the sake of military clergy privilege, but I wish I could.

We arrived in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, and the stress level is pretty palpable. My superior suggested that I keep a record of my experiences out here, not only for the memory, but also to help process some of the stuff that goes on. I don't know though. I've talked to some guys who say there's a lot you wish you could forget. It's tempting to worry, but I know that God is with me all the way. A couple of the guys are faithful servants, so that's pretty comforting.

10th Mountain is what they call us.

Mark 11:23 ~ For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

No comments:

Post a Comment